Preventive pest control is a great way to prevent unwanted visitors from entering your home. It involves using products that repel insects and other pests before they enter your house.
Try preventative pest control first.
Before calling a pest controller, you should try to prevent pests from entering your home in the first place using preventative pest control methods.
- Remove sources of food, water and shelter that might attract or house pests in your home.
- You should store food in sealed plastic or glass containers. Garbage containing food scraps should be placed in tightly covered trash cans. Also, remember to remove garbage regularly from your home for preventive pest control.
- Leaky plumbing and pipes can attract unwanted pests. Don’t let water accumulate.
- Don’t leave pet food and water unattended for periods of time.
- Keep a clean and tidy, uncluttered home.
- Seal off places where pests can enter and hide. You should caulk cracks and crevices around cabinets, baseboards, and other home entry points.
Safe use of DIY pesticides
- Keep pets and small children away from locations where pesticides have been used.
- Bait stations may combat insects or vermin if you have taken preventative measures.
- Talk to your local home hardware store for safe and easy-to-use products
- Always read and follow the pesticide’s instructions and safety precautions on the label.
- Only use chemicals that have been thoroughly tested and approved for indoor usage.
- Write down the name and EPA registration number of any chemical used by someone you hire. You will need this information to look up more information on the pesticide.
Dispose of leftover pesticides and pesticide containers considerately.
- Check the label to see how to get rid of the pesticide and the container.
- Pesticides are often accepted at community hazardous waste pickups. For more information about your area, contact your waste disposal facility.
Don’t use outdoor chemicals indoors.
- Many chemicals intended for outdoor use are hazardous to use indoors since they will remain toxic longer within than they would outdoors.
Don’t believe that two times the amount is better.
- Always read the label instructions carefully.
When Should You Call A Pest control company For Help?
There are several reasons why you might need professional pest control services.
First, you may be unable to find the right product at your local store.
Second, you may not know how to properly apply the pesticide correctly.
Third, you may not be sure whether you’ve used enough of the product.
Finally, you may not know where to buy the product.
Final thoughts on pest control services
So, what’s the verdict? Should you DIY or hire a professional for your home pest control needs?
The answer is… it depends. Both methods have pros and cons, and the best way to decide which is right for you is to weigh the costs and benefits of each.
If you decide to go with a pro, be sure to research your options carefully; not all companies are created equal. And if you choose to DIY, be sure to follow proper safety precautions and use quality products.
Talk to the experts
No matter which route you take, remember that pests can cause serious damage to your home if left unchecked, so it’s important to take action as soon as possible. Contact us today for more information on how we